Best puppy training pads
House training a puppy is not the easiest task in the world. You need to do some research, find out about a puppy’s needs, and then you have to put in place a regimen to avoid accidents. However, even that does not work every time, and you need to find solutions to this problem. After all, if the puppy is not house trained, he will pee and go number two all over the house. That is not the most pleasant thing to handle. That is where puppy training pads intervene.
A puppy training pad is a rectangular and absorbent pad that draws the puppy to it to do his business, and its purpose is to protect your floors from water. At the same time, it saves you some time and effort you need to put in cleaning that up. They come in handy when you first get a puppy, which is why most dog owners opt for these pads to train their dogs. While it is designed for puppies, you can use it for big dogs as well. If you adopt a dog that has not been kept inside the house, you are going to need the pads. You may need to change them more often than with a puppy, but at least your floors and carpets remain clean.
The benefits of training your puppy using puppy training pads
House training a puppy is best achieved if you take the dog outside. There are other methods as well. However, if you have ever gone through this process, then you know that it can take weeks. In that time, you need to take the puppy out up to 8 times a day. That is not always possible because you have work. Here are the benefits of using puppy training pads
- They are easy to use – generally, puppy training pads contain some kind of pheromone that attracts the puppy to do his business on the pad. As a result, you do not have to struggle to encourage your puppy to go on the pad. The pads will do that by themselves. At the same time, you do not have to worry that the puppy will go someplace else when you are not at home. Accidents may still happen, but not as often as without the puppy training pads.
- They are better for the dog – some dogs know that doing their business in the house is a ‘no no,’ which is why they hold when you are not there to take them out. However, that is not good for their urinary tract, and if they do it often, there may be some damage. The puppy training pads can be used for that purpose as well. I do not recommend leaving your dog holding, but if it must happen, it is better with a pad than without.
- They protect your home – most dogs will not do their business on the couch or bed (although it happens), but your floors and carpets are prone to be damaged. Urine, for example, can be acid, and it can ruin your hardwood floor. Your carpets can suffer as well, especially if they are in a light color. Not to mention that cleaning a spot too many times can spoil the color of a carpet. But with puppy training pads, that is no longer an issue.
- Accidents are easy to clean up – no matter what your dog’s age is, accidents will always happen. My dog is 6 years old, and it still happens a couple of time a year. Usually, that is my fault because I do not take her out as often as I should after she eats snow or goes to the river. However, puppy training pads can make accidents like that easy to clean up.
- They save you during severe weather – depending on where you live, you may experience extreme weather conditions. For example, where I live, the temperature drops drastically in February, and it can rain pretty hard during the summer. I cannot take the dog out because her paws are freezing on the pavement. She usually lets me know by putting her paws up and looking at me in a certain way. That is why puppy training pads are useful. I no longer have to torture her and myself. She just goes on the pad. It does not happen often, but when it is necessary, you must let that happen.
- It is less stressful for you – house training a puppy is very stressful, and it can happen to lose your patience. You are tired of taking the dog so many times outside, and you get sick of the smell inside the house. Puppy training pads can improve that experience. They are not expensive, but given the fact that they save you a lot of trouble, they are worth every penny.
What to consider when looking for the best puppy training pads?
If you are interested in this product, you have where to choose from. A lot of pet supplies manufacturers have this product in the catalogs. However, you should not make a random purchase. Make sure that the puppy training pads you buy have every feature you are interested in. Here is what you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Size – not al puppy training pads have the same size. A Saint Bernard puppy is bigger than an adult Beagle, for example. You need to make sure that the puppy will not struggle to fit on a small pad. And if you are buying puppy training pads for an adult dog, size is even more essential to consider. You can find puppy training pads up to 30 by 30 inches, so you are good to go.
- Absorbency potential – not all puppy training pads are as efficient as you would like. However, some of them are quite absorbent because they have up to 5 layers inside. Others have the capacity of turning the liquid into a gel. The point is that you can find the best puppy training pads as long as you look carefully.
- Smell minimization – the smell of waste in your home is never to be desired, but when you house train a puppy, that will happen. However, there are puppy training pads that can minimize the smell. Not by much, but still.
- The ability to stay fixed in place – one of the most annoying things about puppy training pads is that if they are not lined on the bottom, they can end up everywhere. My advice is to go for puppy training pads with a non-slip base. That way, the pads will not move from one place to another.
What are the best puppy training pads?
As I said before, you have where to choose from. There are hundreds of such products on the market. As long as you read the specifications, you should be able to make the right choice. You could also read some puppy training pads reviews online to see what other dog owners used when they trained their pups. That way you can learn from their experiences. If you want a sure thing, just pick one of the products below.
Amazon Basics Pet Training and Puppy Pads
The puppy training pads from Amazon Basics is among the best products in this category. They measure 22 by 22 inches, but the center pad is 19 by 19 inches. It is recommended that you use this product for puppies or small dogs only. If your dog is medium-sized or large, I suggest that you go for the same product but in extra-large. Otherwise, your dog will not be able to use it properly.
The Amazon Basics puppy training pads have a 1.5-inch plastic border that will prevent the pad from sliding on smooth surfaces. This feature also prevents the pad from overflowing. That should not happen either way if you change the pad as soon as it fills up, but you never know. They are incredibly absorbent, and the liquid will turn into a gel as soon as it reaches the cored of the pad.
These puppy training pads are leak-proof thanks to a plastic lining at the bottom. That should help protect your floors from your puppy’s waste. The surface dries right up so that there is no overpowering smell around, and the attractant makes sure that your puppy does his business there every single time. The product is not very expensive, and you can find packs of 50, 100, and 150 pieces. It works incredibly well, and I think you will be satisfied.
American Kennel Club Puppy Training Pads
If you have owned dogs before, then you must have purchased products from AKC. They are manufactured with quality in mind, and the prices are quite affordable. You can find them in a vast range of sizes from 22 by 22 inches to 30 by 28 inches, depending on the size of the dog you want to house train. You must also make a choice when it comes to smell. There is the fresh scent, lavender, lemon, and newspaper scent.
The puppy training pads from AKC have a 6-layer composition. The liquid will turn to gel once it reaches the core. The fast absorption will keep your house smell-free, and there will be no leakage. Moreover, the pads are antibacterial, which is ideal if you have small children in the home.
The plastic liner at the bottom of the AKC puppy training pads will protect your floors and carpets from damage and bad odor. The only drawback to this product is that it does not feature a non-slip base so you may want to be careful and keep an eye on it from time to time. Other than that, this is an efficient and useful product. You can use it for both pups that are in training and senior dogs that need some assistance.
Four Paws Wee-Wee Potty Pads
Last but definitely not least, this is yet another product that may pique your interest. It has an excellent rating on Amazon, which leads me to believe it is a high-quality product. The pads measure 22 by 23 inches, and while it is okay for puppies and small dogs, I would not recommend it for larger dogs.
Just like the previous two products, the one from Four Paws also has a plastic border that does not allow leakage. The attractant will draw the puppy to do his business there every single time. The 5 layers provide an excellent absorbency so that the liquid does not reach your carpet of the floor. I am sure you will find this product most useful.
While this product is incredible for training your pup, the manufacturer does not recommend it for adult dogs. It does not come with any scent, but since the liquid is absorbed quickly, there should be no odor in your house. The Four Paws product should help you train your puppy in no time.
All three product should fit most needs, but if I were to make a choice between the three products, I would go with the Amazon Basics Pet Training and Puppy Pads. They are highly absorbent, they can be fixed in place, and they are highly efficient. I think these are the best puppy training pads you can buy for your pup.
Keeping your house clean and odor free when you bring a new puppy in the house is challenging. It can be frustrating to clean up all those accidents that are bound to happen. That is why you should turn to puppy training pads. Your home will smell better, you are going to have a less stressful experience, and your puppy will learn how to do his business outside only in no time. In my opinion, puppy training pads are a must for every new dog owner. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Dog Pee Mats Tips
- The Ultimate Dog Wee Wee Pads Trick
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Cheapest Puppy Training Pads
- Puppy Training Mats – What Is It?
- The 5-Minute Rule for Pet All Star Training Pads
- Most Noticeable Cheap Puppy Pads
- Best Dog Pee Pads Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Top Guide of Best Puppy Pads
- The Ultimate Handbook to Dog Pads
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Puppy Pad Holder and How to Avoid It
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Housebreaking a Puppy Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Potty Training Pads Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- What Pet Pee Pads Is – and What it Is Not
- The Battle Over Pee Pad Training and How to Win It
- All About Toilet Training Puppy
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Top Paw Training Pads
- Un-Answered Issues With Wee Wee Pads for Dogs Revealed
- Things You Should Know About Piddle Pad
- A Guide to Pet Training Pads
- What Experts Are Saying About Pee Pads for Dogs and How This Affects You
- What is Truly Happening with Dog Potty Pads
- Ruthless Pee Pee Pads Strategies Exploited
- A Secret Weapon for Potty Pads for Dogs
- The Hidden Truth About Puppy Potty Pad
- Pee Pads – What Is It?
- One of the Most Disregarded Solutions for Dog Pee Pads
- Want to Know More About Training Pads for Puppies?
- Why No One Is Talking About Training Pads
- Want to Know More About Potty Training Puppy?
- The Secret to Training Pads for Dogs
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Puppy Pee Pads
- Thoughts on Puppy Pad Training in Simple Step by Step Order
- The Biggest Myth About Dog Training Pads Exposed
- The Rise of Puppy Training Pads
- The Demise of Puppy Pads